While no two people are identical, and no two estate plans will be the same, in our opinion, we believe that everyone should consider having the following documents prepared as part of their planning:
- A Testamentary Instrument, such as a Last Will and Testament or a Revocable Living Trust with a Pour-over Last Will and Testament.
- Durable Powers of Attorney for Financial Matters will provide authorization with the proper formalities for someone to manage your finances if you cannot do so.
- Designation of Healthcare Surrogate, including appropriate HIPPA Authorizations, will allow someone else to make healthcare decisions for you if you cannot communicate your wishes.
- Living Will is your expression of what types of medical treatment you would want to receive at the end of your life.
- Preneed Guardian Declaration allows you to specify who you want to make financial and health care decisions should a guardianship matter be initiated against you.
- Designation of a Bodily Remains Agent specifies who should be in charge of making your final arrangements and the method for disposition of your remains.
Give us a call. We can help.
Law Office of Shawn C. Newman, P.A.
710 Northeast 26th Street
Wilton Manors, FL 33305-1238
Phone: (954) 563-9160
Serving all of the greater Fort Lauderdale area and Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade counties in Southern Florida.