Frequently Asked Questions
The following are general questions that Shawn has been asked, and to help you and others, he has posted some general information that you may find helpful. These FAQs are for your information only and cannot be considered legal advice for your specific situation. If you need legal advice, you should consult with the attorney of your choice and schedule a consultation so that the attorney can adequately determine the relevant details in your situation.
Ask a Question:
- I am estranged from my Family, and I do not want them to meddle in my affairs or receive anything from my Estate. What can I do?
- My estate plan was drafted in another State. Is it okay, or do I need to update it because I moved to Florida?
- My mother died, and we did not do a probate administration. I was sent a letter stating that I may be entitled to her unclaimed property by an asset search firm. How do I know if this is a scam or true?
- A friend of mine told me that he left me money in his Last Will and Testament. How do I know if it is really true?
Property Agreements and Domestic Partnership Agreements:
We made a prenuptial agreement before we got married. It doesn't really meet our needs now. Can it be modified or revoked?
What is the difference between a Prenuptial Agreement and a Postnuptial Agreement?
- My domestic partner has died. What do I need to do to terminate the Declaration of Domestic Partnership?
- My company made my partner and I fill out a form for a domestic partnership. Do we need to file a declaration of domestic partnership with the county?
Give us a call. We can help.
Law Office of Shawn C. Newman, P.A.
710 Northeast 26th Street
Wilton Manors, FL 33305-1238
Phone: (954) 563-9160
Serving all of the greater Fort Lauderdale area and Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade counties in Southern Florida.